With all of the hustle and bustle that surrounds the entire week (if not two) leading up to your big day, it is easy to forget some pretty important details. This is definitely not uncommon; it happens to a lot of brides in fact. Which is why we were able to compile a checklist, for your convenience, of the most common things that brides-to-be forget to do before the most important day of their life.
5 Things You Will Not Forget to Do
Let us all learn from the mistakes of others – no offense to any bride that has already been wed and forgotten to do any of these things. Here are 5 things that you will now not forget to do on your wedding day.
- Wedding favors: Wedding favors are most certainly not a requirement, but they are thoughtful and your guests will love them. No doubt about it. Do not make them an afterthought. Put a little thought into what sort of token you want your wedding guests to take away from your special day when they leave the wedding hall.
- Marriage license: Oops. Since this rather important document requires the signature of the person marrying you and does kind of make everything official, it is therefore not one you want to forget. Plan to get your wedding license at least 2-3 weeks ahead of time, to ensure you have time to meet any requirements necessary, such as blood samples.
- Meals for the vendors: Also not a necessity. However, it is a nice gesture to offer those working so hard to make your special day perfect a little supper. Take care to check with the wedding banquet hall caterer (or whoever you might be using) as more often than not they will offer half off on vendor meals.
- The guestbook pen: You did not spend 30 minutes in the aisle of Hobby Lobby picking out the perfect feather pen for nothing! Pack that thing up early, it is sure to be a real attention grabber.
- Toasting flutes: Your Aunt Betty will be really upset when she sees that you forgot the Waterford crystal toasting flutes she passed down to you and your husband-to-be from her and Uncle Ted’s wedding. Plus, they are gorgeous!
Keep this handy checklist with you at all times in the weeks leading up to your wedding and check back frequently so that you do not forget some of these commonly overlooked items on your big day! For more information about banquet halls in Glendale CA or more information about weddings, be sure to take a look at all of our helpful hints when prepping for your big day.