Planning the perfect wedding is a chore, but it does not have to be a stressful and unpleasant one. Use this helpful, easy wedding checklist to ensure that you cross all of your “T’s” and dot all the “I’s” for your big day; and rest assured that it will be the perfect occasion.
The Ultimate “Never Leave Home Without It” Wedding Checklist
One Year until Wedding:
- Daydream and window shop – Anywhere from 16 to 9 months out from your wedding day is when you should start thumbing through catalogs and window shopping for ideas. Start a folder or binder to begin masterminding your vision.
- Figure out the budget – Talk with your husband-to-be about your budget. Establishing a specific number at this point, before you start making decisions, is crucial.
- Choose your wedding party – Who is in and who is out?
- Draft a guest list – This does not have to be a finalized guest list, obviously, just a rough draft so that you have a number to go by when checking out wedding venues.
- Choose an official date – Pick your date and select and book the perfect wedding venue.
- Book your officiant and wedding hall.
- Engagement party!
6 to 8 Months until Wedding:
- Entertainment – Interview and book band or DJ.
- Choose photographer – Research and select a photographer.
- Book your catering company – Meet with and select your catering company and build a menu.
- Find the perfect dress – Buy it.
- Accommodations – Reserve a block of hotel rooms for out of town guests.
- Set up a registry – Together with your hubby-to-be, set up your gift registry with things to fill your new married-life home with.
- Choose invitations – Buy them.
- Select wedding colors – Choose bridesmaid’s dresses.
- Send save the dates – If applicable.
- Pick a florist – Meet with florist and choose arrangements.
- Set up transportation – Organize transportation for you and groom, as well as for the wedding party. Additionally, do not forget to include transportation to the airport for the honeymoon.
- Plan your honeymoon – Plan and book honeymoon.
4 Months until Wedding:
- Arrange rehearsal dinner
- Cake – Sample, select and purchase a cake.
- Dress fitting – First dress fitting and schedule trial hair and makeup run.
- Music – Finalize music.
3 Months until Wedding:
- Wedding favors – Thoughtfully select and order favors.
- Wedding lingerie – Select and purchase undergarments.
- Finalize ceremony specifics – Arrange and finalize the order of operations with regards to the wedding ceremony.
- The rings – Purchase, size and engrave rings.
- Finalize menu with caterer.
- Send out invitations.
1 Month until Wedding:
- Bachelorette party!
- Finalize guest list and RSVP’s.
- Make a seating chart.
- Send out rehearsal dinner invites.
- Get your marriage license.
- Schedule and attend last dress fitting.
- Select and purchase bridesmaid’s gifts.
- Write vows.
- Have your hair done, if you are brave enough.
One week until Wedding:
- Send out timeline for wedding day, to wedding party.
- Pick up your dress.
- Pack for honeymoon (do not forget ID’s and passport).
- Set aside all payments in labeled envelopes and put in packed bag by the door.
- Also pack the wedding certificate.
- Start breaking in your wedding shoes.
- Get married.
- Live happily ever after.
Hopefully with all of these helpful wedding hints, your day will go off with out a snag. Be sure you get out our full line of Helpful Hints form Anoush, your Glendale CA banquet hall experts.